Kang Won Young

Discuss anime, non-Japanese animation, indie animation, animators, or just introduce yourself

Kang Won Young

Postby Peter_Chung » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 am

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=korea_ani&no=9661

The latest work from Kang Won Young, about whom Ben has posted a blog entry in the past.
He is serving as character designer and animation director (jakgam / sakkan).

The project is Mabup Chonja Mun, based on the very popular comic book series that teaches Korean kids how to read and write Hanja/ Kanji (Chinese characters).
The theatrical feature is being produced at DNA in Seoul and will be released summer 2010. The director is Yoon Young Ki, animation director of Wonderful Days and The Amazing Screw On Head.
Peter_Chung

Re: Kang Won Young

Postby Ben » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks for this news, Peter. I for one am excited to hear about this. He is an excellent animator and unless I'm mistaken this is his first gig of such a scale. The designs look great, stylized but kind of loose with the lines and forms in a way that reminds me of Yuasa, well suited to movement. I hope the animation will be up to the level of his work as a lone animator.
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Pvrhye » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:20 am

Hmm, Ma Beop is magic, cheon ja mun is evidently some sorta basic 1000 chinese characters if my cell-phone dictionary-fu is doing me well.

I think he's saying something about there not being a home page through the production company and some kinda opinions on what it all means. I kinda get the impression that this guy "Rolling Thunder" doesn't yet have much information on the production. Then again, my korean is pretty weak. I should probably ask Seo Mi.

EDIT: Ok, Seo Mi says the guy's saying he couldn't find much info on the internet and that it's aimed at teaching school kids. He figures it's due for summer, but I guess no one really knows.
Pvrhye

Postby bahijd » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Oh, I don't know much about korean animators, could someone post more links. (Animation Studio links, Animation video links and stuff) about DNA and Kang Won Young.
I would like to know more about korean animators.

There is an animator on deviant art who has worked on Wonderful Days-->
http://blacksataguni.deviantart.com/
bahijd

Return to Main forum: Animation Discussion