Make a GIF animation and post it.

Discuss anime, non-Japanese animation, indie animation, animators, or just introduce yourself

Postby bahijd » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Time to put this theread to the TOP again.

Here is my new gif-animation----->

I finished it today but I think I worked more than 10 hours on it....I'm not sure. I started with that this week on...ehm....monday?...whatever.

Something went wrong in the exportation....is the animation too fast?
I can't see all my details clearly....(>_<)

I don't understand why the display get's black at the end.....I never made that.
And everytime I export it...easy toon can't respond.

Here a slower version

I had a lot of fun by making this and it was harder than my old animations......sorry for the sketchy scenes......I didn't animate everything perfect.........I think that's enough for a animation training.

Don't pay attention to the nonsende story...(>_<).......I made this just for animation education.
bahijd

Postby Leedar » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Ha ha. You are insane, Bahi. Good work. 8)
Leedar

Postby Balak » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm

great!!!

i LOVE when his arm is turning into a giant gun and when he fires.

great work!
Balak

Postby bahijd » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:35 pm

@ Balak
His Gun actually stopped working and exploded. I have no idea where that laser beam nullet comes from....maybe he fired it at the last second....who knows?!

I had the chance to make this gif during my vacation (semester break)...know the school has begun again.
bahijd

Postby Ben » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 am

Just to add my own 'nice work' to the others - very impressive, Bahijd. I think I've seen noticeable improvement over the course of your various shorts. You're getting really good. And they're just so full of energy. Makes you feel good watching those.
Ben
Site Admin

Postby bahijd » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 am

I'm very pleased about your comment.

I would improve so much without anipages. Thanks.

Gif animation taked me a step forward because I could try making animations much faster than on paper and and and. Gifs are a very good training method for animating.
bahijd

Postby timdrage » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:47 am

bahijd that is pretty amazing/crazy!! : @_@!

ImageImageImageImageImage
timdrage

Postby bahijd » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks Timdrage!
Your Pikachu is CRAZY AWESOME too!!!!! The craziest pikachu animation ever! (^.^)
(>_<)yO!
bahijd

Postby Leedar » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Lazy run cycle. Paid no attention to keeping it consistent but it sort of worked out.

or

?
Leedar

Postby bahijd » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:32 am

It's cool.

But it taked me 1 minute to see that you really made an animation because at first, it looked like a blank white cube.

I had to rotate my display to see your animation and it was quite nice to watch it like that.

I personally like the fast version.

His run style is nice.
bahijd

Postby timdrage » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 am

bahijd wrote:Your Pikachu is CRAZY AWESOME too!!!!! The craziest pikachu animation ever! (^.^)!

Thanks ^_^ I like doing deliberately demented/off model fanart doodles...

Wish FlipBook had a fill tool tho...
timdrage

Postby Pvrhye » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:55 pm

bahijd wrote:Yo Balak!
Nice angle on the animation.
The running scene looks good
and the emotions on the characters are nice.

I agree. I kinda got a Riding bean feel from it.
Pvrhye

Postby bahijd » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:37 am

Riding Bean was actually very nice animated.....
Thanks for mentioned it, a lot of memories from my childhood when I was 9-13 years old came back....it looks like a long time even of I'm 17 now...
The time when I was watching animes with a lot of passion.....becuase at this time, all this adult animes like Ghost In The Shell act very new for me.

I remember that the german channel VOX showed a lot of animes in the midnight after 00:00, and I waked up and watched all the animes there like Riding Beam, Record of Lodos War, X, Jin-Roh, Spriggan and others.

They doesn't show any animes currently since one year.....the last anime on Vox was Samurai Champloo and Lupin.
bahijd

Postby sonicmarshmallow » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:38 am

I hope this still counts as on-topic (I'm going to post an animation myself once it's finished) but in regards to animating in an anime style (sorry to use those words but it's the only way I can think to describe it) are there any good resources that Japanese/Korean animators use, sort of like how most animation students in the west have been reccomended their bible as being Richard William's Animator's Survival Kit, I wondered if Japanese/Korean animators used that or something else.

I'm trying to find resources online concerning Japanese animation theory, but to no avail really. The reason I ask is because most of the books I've found talk about favouring a 24 fps frame rate, whereas (the impression that I get) Japanese animators tend to work on an ethic to strive to use the least frames to describe the most movement. For example, on the Princess Mononoke documentary, they are satisfied with 5 frames to show a flapping hood. There doesn't seem to be many places where this method is discussed, apart from on these forums. I mean, I can sit and frame-advance through episodes of things and DVDs, but an article or website would be nice still, seeing how many people on here have a decent understanding of it.

Thanks a lot, and I'll be posting my animation asap.
sonicmarshmallow

Postby Leedar » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:20 am

I assume you've seen the 'Japanese animation theory' thread. I'm not sure there is much more to say than that without going too far into details. There is no magical, all-encompassing key that simply explains everything. As little as I think animation books drive contemporary Western animation, Japan doesn't seem to have any modern texts at all.
Leedar

PreviousNext

Return to Main forum: Animation Discussion